What started as a passionate appreciation for design has led to a fulfilling career in marketing and product development. With over 20 years of marketing experience, I specialize in the architecture, design and home decor industries. Essential to success is developing a unique marketing plan that includes an enhanced web design, to social media implementation to search engine optimization
The below are basic SEO elements (level 1 so to speak).
1. Together we would review your website: is it easy to use, have a good layout and inspiring photos, are there specific traffic driving URL’s on the site in addition to the homepage, does it have on page content to tell google and readers what the site is all about, do you have google analytics connected to your website, the right social media pages created, etc
2. Together we would identify your target audience / target market and initial keywords you would use to search for your business
3. Together we would identify your local competitors or colleagues and research where they rank in search and see what makes them standout
4. Separately, I would analyze where your business currently ranks in search for those initial keywords and research a large list of additional keywords and keyword phrases (including locations where you should be ranking) and compile into a file which we will use for the SEO plan and all marketing
5. Create a SEO plan integrating the keywords and phrases into meta titles, keywords, descriptions, H1/H2 tags and drafting (if necessary) new on page copy for each URL on your website.
6. Add schema which will be applied to the code on each page that confirms with Google your exact location and business description
7. Ensure your website is listed (and correctly listed) on google business/maps + set up a google + page
If you wanted to take it a step further (level 2):
1. Adding ALT tags to images on your website (descriptives)
2. Citation work (adding your business to local search directories - I pay someone to do this and its no more than $100)
3. what external links do you have coming to your site (helps to validate your site) and have you capitalized on that
4. set up Internal links within your own website using keywords as linkable text
5. Start a blog on the website to drive traffic via content